1. What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Red Earth Theatre collects personal data. It applies to information we collect about:
• visitors to our website
• people who participate in publicity for Red Earth Theatre
• people who contact us with an enquiry
• people who sign up to our mailings
2. What is personal data?
Personal data means any data that can be used to identify an individual (such as name and address) and any information that relates to that individual from which they can be identified (for instance, details of the services provided to a particular individual).
3. What do we use personal data for?
We may need to use personal data for the following purposes:
• the activities and functions we are contacted to deliver on behalf of The Arts Council and our other funding bodies
• delivering services
• managing and monitoring those services
• carrying out surveys and audits
• equal opportunity and diversity monitoring
4. Visitors to our website
Donating to Red Earth
If you opted to donate to Red Earth Theatre through clicking on any of the donation links on this website, you will be transferred to the Just Giving website, who will securely process your donation on our behalf. They will share any personal data entered through their website with Red Earth Theatre whilst processing the donation, according to your specified donation preferences. If as part of this process you have opted to receive information from Red Earth Theatre, you will be subscribed onto the newsletter email list and receive future communications from us as outlined above. We would also like to contact you to thank you for your kind donation.
Our cookies do not store information that is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). You can choose whether to accept these cookies by amending or setting the controls on your browser to reflect your cookie preferences.
5. Signing up to our Mailing List
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you join our mailing list. When joining our mailing list you will be asked to enter your name and e-mail address.
6. Photographic images
How will we use photographs that identify people?
Images of individuals are treated as personal data. Images of crowds in a public area are not. When taking photographs intended for publication on our website or elsewhere, it is our policy to seek the written permission of any individuals who are photographed.
We will respond promptly to any request to remove photographic images and/or personal data from the website where the person making such a request has a right to do so in accordance with their data protection rights.
7. Who may we share personal data with?
To ensure that Red Earth Theatre provides you with an efficient and effective service we will sometimes need to share your information.
8. Will personal data ever be transferred overseas?
In some circumstances we may need to transfer personal data to other organisations who are based overseas, including countries which are outside the European Economic Area. When doing so, we will ensure that procedures and technologies are put in place to maintain the security of all personal data which is processed overseas.
Where transferring to a country that has not been approved by the European Commission (EC) as providing adequate protection of individuals’ data protection rights, one or more of the following safeguards may be relied upon:
• Standard data protection clauses – use of EC approved contractual terms to protect individuals’ data protection rights
• EU-US Privacy Shield – transfers to US companies that are members of the EU-US Privacy Shield and have agreed to protect individuals’ data protection rights
• Binding Corporate Rules – transfers to companies that have internal rules to protect individuals’ data protection rights which have been approved by a national data protection authority
• Approved code of conduct or a certification scheme – transfers to entities that have adopted and committed to adhere to an approved code of conduct or a certification scheme that safeguards data protection rights.
9. How long do we keep personal data?
We maintain information in accordance with our retention schedules which specify timescales for how long we hold your information. The law may specify the minimum amount of time we have to retain certain information. Please contact Red Earth Theatre for more information.
10. What if you have any concerns about the use of personal data or its accuracy?
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data by Red Earth Theatre, or its accuracy, you may contact us at the address below.
11. How do we keep your information secure?
We will take appropriate steps to make sure we hold records about you in a secure way, including:
• all employees who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data
12. What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. For further information, please contact us.
13. Changes to this privacy statement
We keep our privacy statement under regular review. Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice you may contact us using the information below:
Red Earth Theatre
59a King Street